Upgrade pizza night with this dairy free, gluten free, and grain free pizza loaded with flavor and packed with ingredients you can feel good about.
Pizza night is a big deal in our house, our boys favorite food is undoubtably, pepperoni pizza and my husband would probably say pizza is one of his top 3 favorite meals. So, rather than ordering a takeout or delivery pizza that is loaded with salt, conventional dairy, saturated fats, and inflammatory ingredients, we like to have a family pizza night where we can make personal pizzas together and have a "picnic" on the floor watching a movie. This way we can all make our own pizza how we want it and it also eliminates the boys fighting over toppings.
Being dairy free and gluten free could have made pizza night a non-event for me, since the rest of our family doesn't avoid either like I do. So one day when I was grocery shopping for pizza ingredients for the kids, I decided I was going to create my own pizza that I could enjoy with them and not miss out on this fun family tradition. (I will do a separate post on how we made the kids pizza another day). I have tried and created many recipes that are delicious, but the one I want to share is my favorite to date! First, the crust. I have tried everything from cauliflower crust to making my own, and this pre-made crust has to be my favorite. Not only is it made with almond and cassava flour, but the all of the ingredients are real ingredients, no fillers or preservatives. They don't use an inflammatory vegetable oil but rather EVOO. AND it tastes amazing. For the sauce I made an Arugula garlic pesto sauce, using organic arugula, garlic, and avocado oil. I topped the crust with mushrooms and put it in the oven to bake. I shaved a few brussel sprouts and threw them in a saute pan to brown up and diced up some leftover chicken I had in the fridge. Once the pizza crust was cooked I removed from the oven and topped it with the chicken, shaved brussel sprouts, fresh arugula, avocado, and salt and pepper. Here the the whole recipe:
Cappellos Naked crust
Organic brussel sprouts
Diced chicken or whatever protein you have, try an over easy egg for breakfast pizza
Organic baby bella mushrooms
Salt + pepper
1. Create your base by putting a handful of arugula, avocado oil, and teaspoon or more of garlic (I used the one in the glass jar) in a blender and blend until almost a paste.
2. Top your naked crust with the pesto sauce and sprinkle a bit of sea salt on top.
3. Thinly slice your mushrooms and layer on top of the pesto.
4. Baked your crust per the directions on the back of the box.
5. Thinly shave 3-4 brussel sprouts and saute over medium heat until browned.
6. Dice up and saute your protein choice until warmed.
7. Once your pizza crust is ready, remove from the oven and top with protein, brussel spouts, fresh arugula, sliced avocado, and salt and pepper to taste.
THATS IT! Super easy and tasty way to still enjoy your favorite food!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do! Let me know how yours turned out!